Wildlife Vet Media Links
- Wildlife In The News
- The links on this page relate to mention of Dr Steenkamp and the work he performs and has performed on wildlife
this also includes video links and mention of courses and training session he has spoken at.
- Die Burger : Video: Renoster se horing chirurgies verwyder
- WORCESTER. Die horing van n witrenosterkoei, wat hergroei het twee jaar nadat stropers dit vermoedelik afgekap het, is Saterdag deur veeartse chirurgies verwyder. D??t het deel gevorm van n...
- Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre: An update on the poached rhinos
- Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre Blog
- NZG | e-News: Elephant tusk extraction carries a lot of weight for SA vets
- elephant tusk extraction in poland
- NZG | Newsroom: South African vets succeed in massive elephant tusk extraction after third procedure at Polish zoo, 1 August 2013
- South African vets succeed in massive elephant tusk extraction after third procedure at Polish zoo, 1 August 2013
- SA duo comes out smiling in jumbo op - Times LIVE
- When the Poles were faced with a distressed patient, they turned to South Africa.
- Maak groot oop! | Rapport
- Daar is min gediertes wat kan pik of byt in wie se bek Gerhard Steenkamp nog nie gekyk het nie, skryf Linette Retief.
- SA vets extract elephant tusk go!
- South African vets succeed in extracting an infected elephant's tusk at a Polish zoo.
- Bull elephant Ninio gets a helping hand from Somta | Somta Tools
- Bull elephant NinioZoo keepers at Poznan Zoo in Poland called in the experts when Ninio fractured one of his tusks.
- Africat - Namibia - Dental Check Process
- With the Cheetah - although effective, the canines are small compared to those of other big cats because everything about the cheetah is designed to enhance its amazing running speed. Running fast requires large amounts of oxygen, and to breathe in lots of oxygen the cheetah needs very large nasal passages. This doesn’t leave much space for long canine roots.
- Article written by Dr Steenkamp
- Article prepared by Dr G Steenkamp: Elephant tusk extraction in Poland
- The Witness
- Jumbo-sized dentistry - PMB-based company creates specialised equipment to extract tusk of elephant in Polish zoo
- Saving the Survivors | Creating Hope From Hurt
- Hope” – Fearless rhino with a desire to survive second makes it through fourth vital procedure
- Saving Aslan - Saving Aslan Project Q&A
- Saving Aslan Project Q&A What is Project Lion? Project Lion is a project sponsored by Fixodent that gave 9-year old Aslan, a rare white lion, his bite back by performing extensive dental surgery. In...
- Workshops and Congresses
- Wildlife dentistry is a fascinating extension of veterinary dentistry.This section gives an overview of the courses / lectures / discussions Dr Steenkamp has attended in his aim to promote Wildlife care and awareness
- Dr Gerhard Steenkamp
- A speaker at the congress with the topic "Experiences in Wildlife Dentistry"
- Video Clips
- Video clips featuring Dr Steenkamp and or animals he has worked on
- Tiger, Lion, Hippo, Elephant and Cheetah Animal Dentist - YouTube
- Tiger, Lion, Hippo, Elephant and Cheetah Animal Dentist
Performing root canal surgery on a six tonne elephant isnt for the faint hearted
- Renoster op Worcester se horing chirurgies verwyder - YouTube
- Die horing van 'n witrenosterkoei, wat hergroei het twee jaar nadat stropes dit vermoedelik afgekap het, is Saterdag deur veeartse chirurgies verwyder.